Saturday, March 31, 2012

Anatomy of a Sunday

Today we...

Felt that fairpalooza had been a bit of a bust, so decided to swing by the Hawker Primary School fete.


 We decorated cupcakes, and then spotted on the horizon...


Both boy and father were bitterly disappointed the cut off age for the hot air balloon ride was 4.  I suspect we'll be back next year for that if nothing else.

Other verdicts: as a school fete, it was pretty big, with quite a bit to do.  Thanks to daylight savings and my inability to realise that while some of my devices change automatically not all of them (hello oven!) do, we arrived as the very beginning, and it was still quite crowded.  A truly bizarre white elephant stall could have revealed some treasures, but Toby entered melt down phase so we headed off for the markets.



To puzzle over this one.  Mighty Perky Nana chocolate bars.  I .... I just.... I don't...   Part of my problem is I keep thinking of Nana as Nanna, not as (ba)nana, which leads to all types of questions about what exactly is perky.  And leaving you with that image,


Smoked meats!  I love a good deli.  But we abstained this week and came home to clean, and to make a muti-layered Indonesian spice cake.

And Toby did his first watercolour painting.



Not bad, kid.




Finally, I headed outside, lured by a flash of colour.  You see, we bought these nasturtiums at least 4 weeks ago.  And then failed in the whole planting stakes.  But they grimly held on despite our total neglect, and have even decided to flower, still in their pitiful little pot.

So I planted them into the flower bed.  What's the bet they're dead by tomorrow?

PS - The cake is delicious.

1 comment: